Fire and Gas Detection
The HIMA Australia Fire and Gas Detection System is an all in one cost effective hybrid solution that integrates the features of safety related SIL3 and non-safety related addressable fire and gas control system solutions.
Using a flexible and scalable network architecture to maximise safety as well as cost effectiveness, our Fire and Gas Detection System solutions combine the commercial and engineering advantages of addressable systems with the safety integrity of conventional point to point systems.
Our small footprint, modular HIMatrix controllers, remote I/O and SIL3 safety bus systems provide an AS 61511 compliant alternative to point to point systems that traditionally rely on sensors being individually hard wired back to a controller.
Status of the SIL3 F&G system is passed to other systems via common communications protocols or via conventional outputs. This is a field proven solution that has been supplied by HIMA on installations for both onshore and offshore applications. The result is a truly flexible and distributed fire and gas detection system with SIL3 safety integrity where you need it.
The HIMA Australia integrated Fire and Gas Detection System solution manages safety critical loops by networked and distributed SIL3 rated HIMatrix controllers.
Remote I/O units are installed close to fire and gas sensor marshalling (even in Ex Zone 2 areas), then connected together using safeethernet, our ultra fast 100 Mb/s SIL3 certified safety bus.
Features and Benefits
- Single source solution including sensing devices, logic solvers, protection devices, enclosures, and operator terminals
- Distributed, flexible and cost effective integrated solutions for SIL3 and non safety critical systems
- Reduced cabling using the safeethernet SIL3 safety bus
- Controllers can be mounted in Ex Zone2 areas
- Ultra fast, 100Mb communications possible via any media
- High network availability using ring management
- German manufactured system technology at cost effective prices
- SIL3 logic solvers
- SIL3 remote I/O units
- Industry standard sensing and protective field devices
- HMI screens
- Mimic panels
- Ex enclosures
- Functional safety assessments and reports